It's that time again folks. International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
Think of all the fun you could have at the range. Muskets, blackpowder everywhere, the air filled with the chat of pirate speak.
Grab your firearms, and whatever tools you might need. (The Craftmatic Adjustable Wench might come in handy). Then, enjoy a day where you can pepper yer conversation with such fun comments as ‘avarst me hearties’ an' ‘keel haul th' plank’.
The most simple gun range pleasantries become so much more interesting with pirate talk.
Pirate translation: Avast ye scurvy weasels. Get below deck and peel me some taters fer grub
Shooting friends: Sadly no, thanks ever so much, but we have a long drive home.
Pirate Translation : Stick it in yer maggoty gob, ye salty sea hag.
10. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
9. Come on up and see me urchins.
8. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
7. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
6. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
5. Well blow me down.
4. Let's get together and haul some keel
And my favorites
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Prepare to be boarded
and the #1 pick up line for Lady Pirates?
1. Pants off NOW!
Have fun mateys. I'm off to practice some cutlass malfunction drills this afternoon if I can find my parrot. (Probably hiding in the IDPA box).